Dear Colleagues,

The good work continues

We are delighted to be able to announce Prof. Paul Glasziou as the new Director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine.

Paul will be known to many of you as a leading light in evidence-based medicine.  Paul is, of course, Director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Practice a the University of Queensland, Editor of Evidence-Based Medicine Journal and has already taken over as Chair of the Oxford Workshops on the Teaching and Practice of Evidence-Based Medicine.

As you will be aware, Dr. Martin Dawes left Oxford to take up the Chair in Family Practice at McGill University, following which there has been a period of retrenchment and reinvention at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine.

Because of the centralisation of Research and Development Funding, many Centres, including the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, have lost their regional funding.  Therefore we have had to look closely at the Centre and its plans for the future.

We are now delighted to be able to say that the work of the Centre is set to continue and expand, particularly the educational, national and international networking programme, as well as its continued involvement in the production of Evidence-Based Medicine Journal.  This is all reflected in the new website http://www.cebm.net.

Although Paul will remain in Queensland for the time being he has been appointed as Visiting Professor to the Department of Primary Care and Public Health at the University of Oxford.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

John Geddes MD FRCPsych                         Olive Goddard
Professor of Epidemiolgical Psychiatry         Centre & Editorial Manager
Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist

Olive Goddard
Centre and Editorial Manager
Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
Room 4
Oxford University Department of Psychiatry
Warneford Hospital, Headington
Oxford, OX3 7JX
Tel: +44 (0)1865 226485    email: [log in to unmask]
Fax: +44 (0)1865 793101   web:  www.cebm.net
Mobile: 0773 484 2403       web:  www.cebmh.com