Most of those who support the academic boycott, as I do, see these incidents
not just as 'acts of brutality and arrogance' to be deplored, but as an
integral part of an institutionalised system now in place which must be
challenged institutionally as well as individually. The boycott is, in my
view, an effective mechanism for challenging an important section of the
Israeli state. Individuals remain free to provide what support and
encouragement we can to individuals, like Baruch, whom we know to be
struggling from within

david seddon