From: Lillie,Timothy H [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 December 2002 17:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Blair and Bush call themselves christians

Sarah:

You are right.  We do have to say that certain behavior in the workplace (promoting only men or only women) is sexist.  However, that same
behavior in a religious context (only men can be priests) is not sexist in the religious perspective; only from a secular one.  I think we
can forbid the first but have to hold our noses while tolerating the second.

Timothy Lillie, PhD
Dept. of Curricular & Instructional Studies
The University of Akron
Akron OH 44325-4205
330-972-6746 (Voice)
330-972-5209 (Fax)