Came across this fine article in today's Sunday Times to prove the NHS has gone mad.  More managers than hospital beds.  However we see it in our working lives.  We have experienced Nursing staff who are taken out of the front line to implement new reforms and are not replaced. Yet are paid high salaries. Our A & E attendances have gone up consistently and yet we are running with less nursing staff.

One region region in at least 20 consultant down in A & E and yet one can be seconded to the DoH to implement new A & E reforms.

With the new A & E reforms those who have gone out in the first wave I know of not a single case where any extra funding has been put forward to increase clinical staffing levels only project managers and data input clerks.

Front line paramedics, nursing and last of all medical staff are being told to crank up a gear when they are working at maximum efficiency.  The grey suits come around with the exploding pie charts and then tell them they have been doing it wrong.

Anyway I have decided in the New Year that my correspondence evokes so much opposition that I am going to gracefully withdraw from the list and politics.  I recently have had so much venom directed towards me for in my opinion only telling the truth.  I intend to spend more time with the family and walking the talk and begin to wind down a gear.

Danny McGeehan
(speaking personally and not representing any organisation)