> If we have a patient with chest pain being investigated
> (properly) in A&E
> for 8 hours we are being told that the patient "waited" 8
> hours. If the same
> patient is seen in one of these units they are told that they
> are being
> "treated" in 8 hours.

The vibes I got from the DH bods was that the difference was whether the
patient was in a bed i.e. somewhere with an acceptable level of privacy and
comfort. If you're going to be waiting for 4 hours, then better to do it
somewhere nicer than an A and E department. Just changing the name wouldn't
count. Not a question of medical intervention, just of comfort.

Matt Dunn
Warwick

This email has been scanned for viruses by NAI AVD however we are unable to
accept responsibility for any damage caused by the contents.
The opinions expressed in this email represent the views of the sender, not
South Warwickshire General Hospitals NHS Trust unless explicitly stated.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender.