--- Danny McGeehan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One only has to look at the recent addendum to our
> journal last month with the ex Dean of the Faculty
> already bailing out of the speciality, in my
> opinion, to critical care and anaesthetics.  With
> the recent developments I can see A & E looking
> after the minor injuries.  Emergency Medicine will
> be hived off to Emergency Care Physicians who will
> cherry pick.  At weekends, late at night or when the
> departments become saturated they will they revert
> back to A & E.

Can't see that happening. Physicians don't want to
look after emergencies. They want to pursue their
interests in OPD's, various 'oscopies etc. The SpR's
coming through are even worse. We had one who said she
didn't see any reason why she should be on the arrest
team as the SHO could run arrests! Besides you can
forget about minor injuries - nurse practitioners will
be seeing those. Much cheaper than an A&E consultant.
Best go collect your P45 now!!

Cheers Fred.