Dear Carlos,

Is there some reason I'm not grasping for identifying
these cloaked figures as monks? I would not have made
the connection had you not identified them as such. Is
it possible these temptors are just wearing cloaks?
If indeed this is the devil depicted in disguise, that
is a fairly common medieval practice. I particularly
like the message conveyed by the Eve-faced serpent in
the Garden of Eden.
Best,
MG