      Hello. I think the following reference shall thus enrich your research
and endeavour in Italy; nevertheless, if you have some acquaintance with
french, it shall be of much good indeed...

      "La mémoire des ancêtres le souci des morts: morts rites et société au
Moyen Âge diocèse de Liège XIe-XIIIe siècles". LAUWERS, Michel. Beauchesne.
ISBN: 2701013488.

      You might as well find it on FNAC's website, by browsing directly to the
referred address:

http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?PRID=195162&SID=55aa29ef%2D6530%2D6023%
2Da4f9%2D950e3a0b4841&UID=17885FED0%2D28DC%2DB890%2D796B%
2DF4728C1335CA&AID=&Origin=FnacAff

       Have a safe journey,

      Luciano Baraúna.

 Would someone know where to find a type of remembrance of dead ritual for
 medieval pilgrims? I take students to Italy in January for a course entitled
 "Pilgrimage in Italy: The Christian Experience from the Early Church to the
 Reformation" and I am looking for a ritual that I could adapt for them to do
 during our stay in Rome or Assisi. I know of other pilgrim practices, but I
 have not found anything concerning remembrance of the dead (family, friends,
 saints, etc.). Were there specific practices of medieval pilgrims in
 relation to the dead?

 Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

 Steven J. McMichael, OFM Conv.
 Assistant Professor of Theology
 University of Saint Thomas
 Saint Paul, Minnesota

 to: [log in to unmask]
 to: [log in to unmask]

This mail was sent through webmail.wanadoo.be

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]