Hello all

For my dissertation I am investigating children's access to non-fiction resources in libraries.  My specific interest is how classification systems may act as a barrier.  If anyone has any knowledge on this subject, ideas for research or links to other sources I would be very grateful of the help.  Please do "think outside of the box" as well, things like:
- can children use OPACs designed for adults?
- do children approach staff?
- are printed indexes any use at all?
- is Dewey the only system used?
- how does visual guiding support/hinder the child user?

Any response is better than none!

Finally if anyone would like to express an interest in having their knowledge formally surveyed by a simple (& brief) questionnaire that would be great!

Come on, don't be shy....

Russell Allen
BA (Hons) Information & Library Studies