RE: National Inventory of War Memorials and SMRs
> The only immediate question I had on reading Martin's summary was whether the NIWM
>database recorded whether the memorials were Listed or in Conservation Areas?

The NIWM does record listing where they know the memorial is listed. I have just sent Jane a digital list of the LBS of all the listed war memorials for cross checking. This list, however will only include those where the listing description mentions a war memorial. I don't know about conservation areas, maybe Jane can confirm whether this is recorded.

Martin