With the usual apologies for cross-posting...

I would like to bring the post described below to the attention of colleagues.  Please note that all queries should be directed to the Principal Investigator, Dr Allan Colver ([log in to unmask]), not to me.  This is a re-advertisement, and previous applicants need not re-apply.

Principal/Senior Research Associate (with backgraound in Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences or related discipline), School of Clinical Medical Sciences, PRA £32,125 - £39,958 SRA £25,451 - £33,679

Based in the School of Clinical Medical Sciences (Child Health) we seek a lead scientific officer with a background in Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences or a related discipline for a 3-year project funded by Research Framework 5 of the European Commission. The project is entitled "The Influence of Environmental Factors on the Participation and Quality of Life of 8-12 year old children with cerebral palsy in 6 EU countries". You will deal with scientific aspects of instrument choice and development; deliver necessary training to research associates appointed in the collaborating countries; be one of the main analysts of the research data and ensure progress and final reports reach the European Commission on time. The lead investigator oversees the project and, if appointed at SRA level, additional senior help will be available. You must have previous research experience involving collection and analysis of quantitative psychometric datasets and at least one study involving children 6-13 years or quality of life or disability. Informal enquiries are encouraged to Dr Allan Colver, e-mail: [log in to unmask] tel. +44 (0)191 219 6672. Closing date for applications Friday, December 6 2002.

Job Reference: A784R

Answerphone: 0191 222 5429

Please forward your application, quoting the appropriate job reference number, to: Human Resources Section, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1 Park Terrace, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU.

Further particulars

Employment Record Form

Elaine McColl
National Primary Care Career Scientist