Dear Nick,

Take a look at these and see if they help:

http://www.management-culture.com/index-page2.htm ... sells itself as MBA
level

http://stress.about.com/library/weekly/aa021901a.htm?terms=new ... maybe a
page to start you off by the look of it

http://www.noworkviolence.com/articles/corporate_culture.htm ... culture but
with a security emphasis, may be useful

http:[log in to unmask] ... culture
with a link to
http:[log in to unmask] which is a
potentially useful article; and look out for the links on the left of this
page that might inspire you too

http://www.lmi.org/Careers/culture.htm ... one company's own culture

A three part series of articles on management style:

1 http://managementlearning.com/art/persmyao/index.html

2 http://managementlearning.com/art/persrjob/index.html

3 http://managementlearning.com/art/persrdes/index.html

and from the same site here is an introduction to some of the key issues you
are probably looking at http://managementlearning.com/topi/mngtstyl.html
including Herzberg, Hawthorne Studies, Renis Likert and more

You should also search for Japanese management styles, American management
styles and so on and maybe do searches for comparisons of styles across the
world

http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/bm_model.html ... the Blake and
Mouton Managerial Grid might be useful for you: gets you to identify the
type of manager you are ... worth a look if you don't know it

I can't find the link for the Oxford School of Learning but that has a
couple of pages in this area aimed at A level (UK pre University students)
that is the best summary of management thinking I have seen in a long time.

Interested in the classics such as Herberg and Maslow? Do a serach such as
herzberg, maslow and you'll find such pages as
http://ericae.net/pare/getvn.asp?v=5&n=11 ... looks like a great starter to
me, with some good comparisons to chew over

Well, there you are. Finding those pages took me around 10 - 15 minutes and
I hope you find them useful.

I'm not sure of the level you want so if some of these are not useful,
please disregard them or let me know how I can refine my search for you.

Best wishes

Duncan Williamson