<quote>The First Question is, "What do we want to do?"</quote>

I am an newbe to Dublin Core, my comment may be less about what Dublin core could do and more about RDF. Also  and you may have been addressed this at the meeting, but if not, we could ask the following:

How much do we want to report the accessibility of the page, (which is of course crucial for access and searches), and report on potential alternives, and when do we want to use meta data to increase the fundamental accessibility of the page.

From our work on RDF:

RDF meta data can be used to make web content WCAG (Web content Accessibility Guidelines) compliant , and support and implement WCAG principals even when
  1. The original rendering can not be changed
  2. The content web author is not interested in accessibility
  3. Content relies on markup languages that do not support accessibility,
Further,
  1.  Schemas can be annotated to increase the accessibility of any usage
  2. Accessibility can be supported beyond the capacities of HTML - providing support for unambiguous content creation
  3. Profiles can be attached to web content
  4. Profiles can be attached to alternatives for web content - for when the needs of different user groups conflict
  5. Meta searchers can be performed based on accessibility criteria (covered by DC discussions)
  6. In some cases it may be easier to provide accessibility through RDF as one statement can render accessibility multiple elements (using patter match or generic xpath).

In other words , one can not only patch but also provide information required to make a transformation or content alternive
One other application of importance to accessibility - Language referencing

Ambiguous use of language creates problems with translation, misunderstandings and accessibility for cognitive disabilities.Translation to symbolic languages or simpler language for cognitive disabilities can not be automated. A controlled language restricts author's ability to stylize and express them-selves.

But...by referencing textual content, it's meaning becomes unambiguous, translatable and machine-readable without restricting the author's use of language.

This is achievable through  cascaded lexicon references
At the moment again, the work on this  is being done by RDF.

A way to integrate the two would be,
-Use DC meta data to link the page to the RDF , provide profiling
-Use RDF for adding alternatives
Or
incorporate the RDF techniques into the DC meta data

Is this making sense?

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access