-----Original Message-----
From: Accident and Emergency Academic List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tudor Codreanu
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 03:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: patient info leaflets/handouts

Another day, another land mine dropped in our A&E. How can we:
1. prove that the leaflets we are handing out to the patients are
evidence
based?
2. prove that the patients are understanding what it is written in the
leaflets?

This comes from the CNORIS - Clinical Risk Insurance Scheme Scotland.

Can anybode there help me sending the leaflets you are giving the
patients
on discharge, or if you have them saved electronically or accessable via
web sites - the respective sites?

My view on this is that the individual department nor even the trust
should
be put in a situation like this and the leaflets and amount of generic
info
given at discharge should be a DoH document on nation wide basis.

Grateful for your help,

Tudor