From: Andres Izquierdo Martin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 13:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Consultant Contract UK

I have been member of the BMA for last 12 years and I have to say after
yesterday performance of our so called "leaders" I am thinking about
resigning from the BMA and join the HSCA. Machin's interview on the telly
was appalling and demonstrate that he still hasn't got a clue why
consultants rejected the contract. Machin, Porter and Borman need to resign
immediately and new blood brought to the negotiations.

From yesterdays interviews,  two people came out with full honours, Paul
Thorpe(Junior doctors Committee BMA) and Steve Campion (HSCA). They were
direct and rebutted most of the nonsense robustly.

The BMA have to think its future carefully or it could self-destruct.

Andres I. Martin

Consultant in Accident and Emergency
Royal Free Hospital