>Not wishing to be a prophet of doom, I think we're about to be hung out
>to dry. Put it this way, if you were a political party who staked the
>next election on reforming the NHS, and the key stakeholders in service
>delivery refused to sign up to new ways of working, you're going to pull
>out a pretty heavy blunt instrument and show you can use it. Am I wrong?
>
>Howard Simpson

Now al this is rather terrifying, but what can the DoH actually do to us
in the long term. They need doctors. Can they run the NHS without us?

Like all forms of government, they only govern by common consent. I am
sure they can make life difficult.

HM Government is actually over a barrel on this issue. It is now time
for the BMA to seize the day... on the assumption that they are capable.
--
Stephen Hughes