Dear All

Something pretty simple for my first post, although a familiar and
interesting issue.

I was contacted by Beverly James from Disability, Pregnancy and Parenthood
International (DPPI)as follows:

"I wonder if you can help us?  Our last application to the Community Fund
[UK]about making information available to parents with sensory impairments,
was rejected.  They want figures, like how many deaf and visually impaired
parents there are!  These figures aren't readily available so we are trying
every avenue we can to get something together.
Do you know of any such information?  We don't expect exact
figures but intend to collect everything we can and extrapolate and so on.

We would be grateful for any information you have that you feel could be
useful

Many thanks
Regards
Beverley James DPPI"

Can anyone help in this means to and end, and/or discuss the
appropriateness of requiring numbers first in this situation. Thanks

Katy

are now located at: