Would the learned listmembers be so good as to share their knowledge on the
subject of medieval notions of amber? I'm interested in the following or
sources to find the following:

- Medueval ideas about what amber was and what it could be used for (aside
from jewelry)

- Medieval commentary on Thales' remarks about Greek understanding of amber

- Words for amber, especially kennings

- How and when Arabic words for and ideas about amber circulated in European
cultures

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Francine Nicholson

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]