I just wanted to make an updated announcement of the participation of Jana
Simon, the award-winning journalist and one of Germany's exciting new young
authors, in the Bangor Words and Images Festival at the end of October,
with the kind support of the German Embassy.

Frau Simon will be reading from her acclaimed debut 'Denn wir sind
anders. Die Geschichte des Felix S.' (Rowohlt Berlin, 2002) in the
evening of Wednesday 30 October at 7pm in Neuadd John Phillips on College
Road, Upper Bangor. In addition, at 4pm on 31 October in the same venue she
will be taking part in a Werkstattgespräch about her work both as an author
and journalist, and will also talk about her experiences as an East German
teenager of the fall of the Wall, which she tackled in her contribution to
the volume 'Buch der Unterschiede. Warum die Einheit keine ist' (Aufbau,
2000), a volume she also co-edited.

The sessions are open to everyone, so if you would like to come along or
know of students, colleagues, or postgraduates who might be interested in
listening to Jana Simon, I would be very grateful if you could inform them
of the dates and times of these events.

Many thanks

Owen Evans
--