On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, JEFFREY J HAYDEN wrote:

> > Perhaps the best solution to this problem (of lots of replies to the
> > entire list)
>
> I don't see it as a problem.

However, what I do see as a problem are these "out of office" replies (see
below).  Either the listmembers who set them up or the list manager should
be able to set it so that such messages are not sent in response to
something from a/the list.  But, again, I can just hit delete and move on.

                                        Jeffrey

?       ?       ?       ?       ?       ?       ?       ?       ?       ?
                            Jeffrey J. Hayden
                             (ÍõÁú¾Ô/¤ýÀs¾s)

Department of East Asian                                   Moore Hall 382
Languages and Literatures                             1890 East-West Road
University of Hawai'i at Manoa                         Honolulu, HI 96822

eFax:  413 - 487 - 0389

[log in to unmask]                        http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jeffrey

"Professor Christ ended class early when heaven and earth were united, an
event clearly not on the syllabus. I feel that I did not get the class I
was promised in the course catalog."
--Peter S. Temes, imagining a student evaluation after the successful
execution and completion of a perfectly planned class