Dear Josh:

According to the specs it should indeed be possible (although we blew up the
control unit when we tried it, and never did get it to work). However, a
better approach would be to write a new ASL software driver specifically for
the MotionStar. This is because one has to disable the high-speed interface
and thus all other cards in the MotionStar in order to use one of the cards
with a low-speed serial interface. This effectively disables the MotionStar
(which supports as many as 20 trackers). It should not be very hard to
develop such device driver, I have the source code for the MotionStar API
and can probably forward it to you. Please contact Ascension, they'll be
more than happy to provide the code as well.

I appreciate your efforts towards resolving this issue.

---
Professor Roel Vertegaal
:: hum@n medi@ l@b ::
Queen's University