From: Finbarr Carter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 October 2002 17:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Coffee - visitors from Kenya?

Dear Friends,

I have been informed that Abantu, a development education centre similar
Norfolk Education and Action for Development (Just Business is a poject
of
NEAD), have coffee farmers from Kenya coming to UK from 1-12 November
and
are looking for anyone who can help arrange meetings across UK.

For more details contact [log in to unmask]

Could be a great opportunity for those teaching about coffee as a topic
this year - maybe schools could organise cluster groups (joining up with
other local schools). You may want to look at our special coffee
resource
section  at http://www.jusbiz.org/coffee.shtml

Also thought you might be interested in Oxfam's new website
www.maketradefair.com

To find out more about the impact of EU subsidies (and dumping) have a
look
at:
http://www.maketradefair.com/spage/english/action12.asp?subcat=4&cat=1&s
elec
t=1&special=yes

Page includes links to case studies:
*Milking it - European milk dumps put Jamaican dairy farmers out of
business
* Sweet nothing - EU sugar dumping spells disaster in Mozambique
 *Subsidies - How rich countries are dumping on poor farmers
* Eat this - Haitian farmers under threat from US rice imports

Best wishes

Finbarr

Finbarr Carter    ([log in to unmask])

Project Co-ordinator
'Just Business'

www.jusbiz.org

Norfolk Education and Action for Development
38 Exchange Street, Norwich, NR2 1AX
Tel: 01603 610993
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Registered Charity: 1010853