We have a few places left at our national conference:
(Further information and a booking form Tel. 0131 651 1832, or visit our
website www.crfr.ac.uk.)

Centre for Research on Families and Relationships (CRFR)

1st National Conference
Friendships and Relationships over the lifecourse

8th November 2002

University of Edinburgh

The Centre for Research on families and relationships aims to generate
knowledge and improve understanding of the range of relationships important
to people at different stages of the lifecourse. This national conference
brings together key experts in the study of relationships. the overall aim
of the day is to encourage debate about how we can best conceptualise and
research relationships across the lifecourse, as well as to consider the
relevance of such understandings for policy and practice across a range of
sectors.

Who should attend?

Academics from university and other settings, post-graduate students,
researchers with an interest in relationships, and those providing support
for non- intimate relationships outwith the family.

Speakers

Professor (elect) Lynn Jamieson University of Edinburgh and co-Director of
CRFR
Contextualising friendships and relationships across the lifecourse’

Professor Alan Prout
Children’s relationships

Professor Graham Alan, Keele University
Friendships across the lifecourse

Professor Sasha Roseneil, Leeds University
Living and Loving beyond the Heteronorm: Towards a Queer Analytic for the
Study of Care and Intimacy in the Twenty First Century.

Cost;

Delegate rate £50
Students and small voluntary organisations (>5 staff) £25

are now located at: