Don't be too sure as to the expression of copyright on that which is
included within the email over which rights have been asserted.

There is the Berne convention which allows copyright to be pursued
extraterritorialy with regard to signatories, and you come under US
legislation. I do not however have to deposit a copy with the library of
congress as if you come to the UK, you could be still be sued under English
Law.

I am not talking about incidental "conversation" in emails here but that
which is included as text, be it a piece of prose, a poem, a song lyric,
anything that was composed other than in the context of the email itself and
exists as a document by itself.

Piracy is piracy and wrong, the fact that you feel safe on the metaphorical
high seas does not mean someone will not sink your ship one of these days.

The provability of a case has nothing to do with its morality. You could
commit the perfect crime, yet it would still be a crime. It is arrogance to
hide behind the fact that small people do not have the resources to pursue
an international copyright claim.

Do not piss upon people from a great height, for when you (I use you in the
collective sence not refering to any one person here) have to descend from
your lofty position, someone else might piss on you on your way down.

Do not use peoples legitimate expressions and thoughts as material for your
own academic glorification.

If I thought I was being intelectually abused I would complain first to the
academic authorities of the abuser to see if a local breach of conduct had
occured.

I become more and more convinced that there are many people on this list who
are no respecters of individuals, who have no interest in improving the
situation of disabled people, and to whom it is all an intellectual game.

Here I am getting into arguments again, when I would prefer not to.

Larry

are now located at: