----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]

> Some good discussion about urban pre-hosp thrombolysis in EMJ, so won't
regurg that, suffice to say that there is some evid to suggest that where
hosp systems can't achieve Door to Needle in 20 minutes, we need to consider
pre-hosp thrombolysis.

> I think there is a separate debate about whether we would prefer more
resources put into cath labs with 24 hours primary PTCA capability rather
than into pre-hosp thrombolysis or reducing Door to Needle times.

Ah, but there still needs to be speed in both the prehospital and hospital
arena, if you're to get your patient to cath labs in time. In other words
these targets, and the resources that go with them, have encouraged the
development of a culture of efficiency leading up to the final point of
thrombolysis (which is the easy bit that only takes a minute at the end).
Remove the prehospital and hospital targets (and resources) and the patients
won't get to the cath labs for hours...

AF