Dear Canice
we have been looking at fixation stability both in terms of intrusive
saccades duing fixation of a stationary fixation point (simple fixation
instability)and in terms of slow drifts of the two eyes defined by the
non-zero relative velocity between the rigth and the left eye (binocular
fixation instability)

We have been using velocity and amplitude criteria for detecting saccades
that are within the range of the main sequence thereby eliminating most
artifacts. We have been using also velocity criteria to find
significant deviations of the relative velocity from zero.

We have been applied this analysis to the data of 72 control and 68
dyslexic children. We found that there exits a long lasting development of
both types of stability. The data of the two domains do not correlate.
Dyslexic children have poorer stability in both domains. Because of the
scatter in the data the estimate of the proportion of dyslexics involved is
about 25%.

Best regards
BFischer

--
Burkhart Fischer, Universitaet Freiburg, AG Hirnforschung
Hansastr. 9, 79104 Freiburg, Germany, Tel ++49 761 203 9535, Fax 9540