16/9/02

Fyi.

Elisabeth
Study Group Convenor
-----------------------------

> [...]

>>The Aims are:
>>… To enable people with disabilities, and others, to explore the connections
>>between disability, spirituality and faith
>>… To enhance the relationship and understanding within and between the
>>disability and faith communities.

>>The Conference will attract people from a range of disability and
>>faith/spirituality backgrounds.

>>Publicity has been widely circulated over the past year and those interested
>>in workshop/paper or poster presentations are now asked to contact us with
>>more detailed information. If you wish to participate, but have not yet
>>registered your interest, now is the time to do so.

>>This is an exciting opportunity for those who live with the issues of
>>disability and faith to share the benefits of their personal reflection
>>and/or study.  We are especially keen to find creative ways for this to
>>happen.

>>The selection process will give priority to ensuring a diverse range of
>>workshops/papers are offered fit well with the topics that are to be
>>explored at conference:

>>  … Pastoral Care
>>… Justice
>>… Mental Health
>>… Creative Rites
>>… Bioethics
>>… Variety of faith perspectives
>>… Networks & resourcing
>>… Grief

>>… Family relationships
>>… Care-giving
>>… Tensions
>>… Theology

>>  As the programme is developed there will be other opportunties for people
>>to contribute e.g. participation on a panel discussion.
>>To help with the selection process we require a one page outline (300 words
>>maximum) covering the following points:

>>- The aim of your workshop/paper (one sentence summary)

>>- Your audience - the people you envisage addressing. I.e. people with
>>disabilities, those working with people with disabilities etc.

>>- Previous experience in the presentation of your workshop/paper -(where,
>>when, and comment on the response received).
>>-  Your experience/expertise relative to your workshop/ paper.

>>- Preferred method of presentation. E.g. lecture style, discussion,
>>active participation.

>>- Length of presentation, including discussion time. (Maximum one hour).

>>-  Name and contact details: email, phone, fax, postal address. Your
>>preferred method of contact and most convenient time of day to make contact.

>>This information is required by 31 October 2002 to enable the selection of
>>papers to commence. Late submissions will be considered subject to available
>>programme space.
>>
>>Please reply to:
>>The Programme Group, C/o- Vicki  Terrell email [log in to unmask]
>>ph/fax: 04-934-3792
>>OR,
>>The Programme Group, DSF Conference C/o The Anglican Centre, PO Box12-046,

---------------------------

Dr Elisabeth Arweck
Research Fellow, Warwick Religions and Education Research Unit (WRERU),
                                  Institute of Education, University of
Warwick (2001-2003)
Co-Editor, Journal of Contemporary Religion
Convenor, BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group (2000-2003)
Research Associate, King's College London

Details about the Warwick Religions and Education Research Unit (WRERU) as
well as details of courses, research, publications, and book sales can be
found at:
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/wie/WRERU

----------------

Details about the *Journal of Contemporary Religion* can be found at:
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/13537903.html

---------------

Details about the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group can be found at the
Study Group Web-site:
http://www.socrel.org.uk

As from 1st October 2000: The British Sociological Association (BSA) is a
Company Limited by Guarantee (Company Number 3890729). Registered in
England and Wales. Registered Office: Unit 3F/G Mountjoy Research Centre,
Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3UR. Registered Charity Number: 1080235

SOCREL is the the e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group.
To  join SOCREL, send the following one-line message:
join socrel YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME
to: <[log in to unmask]>
You will receive a request for confirmation and documentation by return
e-mail and you will then be able to send contributions to the list by
sending messages to: [log in to unmask]

As from 25th April, 2002, there is a separate discussion list for
post-graduate members, SOCREL-PG.
To  join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message:
join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME