Hey Matt,

How is Cork treating you?  What's going on with the move?  I just turned
Andrew on to a new boxed set of previously unreleased Frank Sinatra
songs from the movies--perhaps you'll be hearing some of those tunes
soon!  Do you still have your official statement about Sinatra, or has
Matt Hansen preserved it?

So Jason and I are working out an exchange whereby he delivers a paper
for our Greville panel and I one for his Wyatt panel at Kalamazoo--I
think it's going to work, if we can dig up one more Greville paper
somewhere.  You'd think our evangelism would have paid off somewhere,
but no.  Wish you were coming over this year because it won't be the
same without you or Matt Steggle.

Stetson is treating me pretty well so far, though the administration is
running around panicked about University finances & making veiled
threats about tenure lines occupied by new hires like me.  So I'm not
going to worry about buying a house just yet; I'll just concentrate on
getting a date.  There are many more women here in Florida than there
were in Oklahoma, but it's still the south, and that means they take
their religion seriously here, and that means "I have accepted Jesus
Christ as my personal Savior" is a far more effective pickup line than
"Nice legs! Do they go all the way up?"

--unsaved in Central Florida

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 07:57  AM, Matthew Woodcock wrote:

> Hi Joel
> I have now moved over to Cork. I am going to be teaching Med and Ren
> literature here
> with Andrew (spoke at the Greville session). I don't have any grad
> students as yet
> so I can't preach the good word about Greville (and thus sucker them
> into speaking at Kzoo!!)
> Things are pretty frantic at present as I'm sorting around the joys of
> moving to a
> different country. My new email at University College Cork is
> More soon
> Matt

Joel B Davis                                    Assistant Professor
Department of English                   Stetson University
421 N Woodland Blvd                     Unit 8300
DeLand, FL 32723                                386.822.7724

All things seem mention of themselves / And the names which
stem from them branch out to other referents.   --John Ashbery

Any wonder we tried gin?                                        --Philip Levine