Dear all,
Would you please explain about the micrecurrent treatment for me? I means the frequency and intensity.
Thank you
 Douglas White wrote:J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 1994 Nov;20(5):236-42 Related Articles, Links

The effects of three modalities on delayed onset muscle soreness.

Weber MD, Servedio FJ, Woodall WR.

School of Health Related Professions, Department of Physical Therapy,
University of Mississippi at the Medical Center, Jackson 39216-4505.

Delayed onset muscle soreness is a common problem that can interfere with
rehabilitation as well as activities of daily living. The purpose of this
study was to test the impact of therapeutic massage, upper body ergometry,
or microcurrent electrical stimulation on muscle soreness and force deficits
evident following a high-intensity eccentric exercise bout. Forty untrained,
volunteer female subjects were randomly assigned to one of three treatment
groups or to a control group. Exercise consisted of high-intensity eccentric
contractions of the elbow flexors. Resistance was reduced as subjects
fatigued, until they reached exhaustion. Soreness rating was determined
using a visual analog scale. Force deficits were determined by measures of
maximal voluntary isometric contraction at 90 degrees of elbow flexion and
peak torque for elbow flexion at 60 degrees/sec on a Cybex II isokinetic
dynamometer. Maximal voluntary isometric contraction and peak torque were
determined at the 0 hour (before exercise) and again at 24 and 48 hours
postexercise. Treatments were applied immediately following exercise and
again at 24 hours after exercise. The control group subjects rested
following their exercise bout. Statistical analysis showed significant
increases in soreness rating and significant decreases in force generated
when the 0 hour was compared with 24- and 48-hour measures. Further analysis
indicated no statistically significant differences between massage,
microcurrent electrical stimulation, upper body ergometry, and control
groups.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 7827630 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]