Nicole Schulman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Apologies apologies!!!!  It's not medieval-religion that has all the spam!!!
>Mea culpa (I sent to the wrong list, it's mediev-l).
>Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry

tu resolvimus.

besides, as has been explained ad tedium on mediev-l, the spam doesn't come
*from* the list.

it comes from a virus which steals emale addresses found on infected machines
and sends out replications under the names of the addresses it finds.

far as i know, Mackerslosh or not, the only way you can catch the virus is if
you either :

1) have your emale softwhere set so that it *automatically* opens any
attachments which might come into your box (in which case, arguably, you
deserve what you get);

or

b) you open attachments which *should* look suspicious to you (unsolicited,
wierd message accompanying, etc.), in which case, arguably, you deserve what
you get.

also, no, the mediev-l softwhere is so old (one of the first discussion lists)
that it can't be set to screen out attachments.

just have to practice safe emaleing.

christopher
to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]