  -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
  Van: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]Namens Diane DeLauro
  Verzonden: zondag 15 september 2002 22:59
  Aan: [log in to unmask]
  Onderwerp: [M-R] Ars moriendi treatises

Learned List Members,
  I have been reading Ars moriendi treatises in hopes of finding one that
gives advice about how to bequeath goods in such a way as to increase the
chances of the testator's salvation.  Sylvia Thrupp long ago mentioned that
such advice was sometimes offered by these manuals on how to make a good
Christian death.  So far, however, I have come up empty.  I am especially
interested in English texts from the 15th century.  Does anyone know of any
primary, or even secondary, sources that discuss the proper (Christian)
disposal of goods in last wills and testaments?

  Thanks,
  Diane DeLauro
join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to:
[log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to:
[log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave
medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or
to contact the list's owners, write to:
[log in to unmask] For further information, visit our
web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]