Dear Jason and HBSMR users

PhotoLibrary:
The request for PhotoLibrary image records to be dated has been registered. This will be considered by the PhotoLibrary developers as a possible enhancement in the next release.
In the meantime you could always add a user-defined "RecordDate" field, and complete this manually.

MapLink for MapInfo:
Printing a selected set of HBSMR records using Templates does not work as it should. This will be fixed in a patch in the near future.
Specifically, the nature of the problems as we currently understand them are:
a) the CurrentSelection layer is dropped when a template is opened
b) when opening a template, the "Show only these objects/sites" option only works correctly when the selection has been made within the map (rather than transfered from the Index form)

Until this is fixed, there is a workaround that should meet most requirements.
As Jason says, if you need to show only a specific selected set of records on a printout, you can save the selected set as a new MapInfo table (right-click > Save Copy As), then load this table into the Map (right-click > Open table), hide the original layer then print. This table will not be saved in the workspace, so will not be visible to other users or in your next session. It would be advisable to store such tables in a specific directory ("Selections" or some such) so that you do not confuse them with actual datasets.
Another technique that might help in some situations, depending on scale, might be to show labels only for the selected set of records.

Best wishes
Crispin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crispin Flower
exeGesIS SDM Ltd.
Great House Barn
Talgarth
Powys
LD3 0AH
Tel: 01874 712145/711145
Fax: 01874 711156
email: [log in to unmask]
This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, the E-mail and any files have been transmitted to you in error and any copying, distribution or other use of the information contained in them is strictly prohibited.
Nothing in this E-mail message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of exeGesIS SDM Ltd unless confirmed by a signed communication.
exeGesIS SDM Ltd will make every effort to keep its network free of viruses.  However, the recipient of this message will need to scan this message, and any attachments, for viruses, as exeGesIS SDM Ltd can take no responsibility for any computer virus that might be transferred by this e-mail.