Evelyn

Thank you, Judy. I have found some interesting things on Tech-Dis,
which
is a great site, but nothing on dyslexia and fonts.
Evelyn
;)

http://www.techdis.ac.uk/seven/ is the web site accessibility section
of techdis.  I didn't check it for references you could use -- it has
its own References and Resources link, here it is
http://www.techdis.ac.uk/seven/references_resources.html
this has its own links including one to the British Dyslexia
Association's paper on dyslexia-friendly text -- here it is
http://www.bda-dyslexia.org.uk/d07xtra/x09frend.htm
("text" includes web text and names fonts) but I suggest you check the
other links too.

Of course you may already have that British Dyslexia Association page;
I think I gave it in my first reply to you.  I'll check.

I haven't been through all the references I gave you (as I said, this
is not my field; I help people to use voice software).  So I don't
know where you'll also have really useful links Jim ( the dyslexic)
told me (and a dyslexic with dysgraphia) about:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/solutionsacc.html and more
specifically (for what he and I were working on)
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html

-- the page says "for the visually disabled"; it has a wider reference
than that.

Somewhere at Adobe there is also a web page design section (I thought)
but I can't find it.  When I have time I'll do some more checking.

Here (below sig.)  is my first post to you; it may not have reached
the List, I'm having List problems.  I've changed the subject line in
the hope of getting through (though as my List post re problems
getting through hasn't reached the List, goodness only knows)

Judy Evans
Cardiff (UK)

*first post begins*

www.dyslexics.com (one of various web pages on dyslexia; it's a
commercial one, I know it because it's a speech software place) has
information on this

http://www.dyslexic.com/about.php

and on web accessibility

http://www.dyslexic.com/articlelist.php?section=webaccess

this is their UK web page; that might be useful too (sorry, it's a
long time since I dropped in on them).

http://www.iansyst.co.uk/home.php

I can find you others but a good starting point too -- and one the
University should take seriously -- is the assessor for dyslexia to
whom your University refers dyslexic students; the University's
Disability Adviser will know who that is.  S/he will be an expert on
this.

Let me know if you need more refs etc., I am not an expert in that
particular field but I can probably find someone who is

Judy Evans
Cardiff (UK)