On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Andy Powell wrote:

> 3) Carefully fit any newly proposed refinements for dc:creator and
> dc:contributor directly under one or other (but not both) of those
> elements.  E.g. I would consider dcterms:editor as an element refinement
> of dc:contributor, not dc:creator.

I think this would be rather too restrictive.... some implementations may
just want to use dc:creator and not bother with dc:contributor. In which
case this solution denies them the opportunity to use DCMI approved
qualifiers. I would hope that the syntax constraints would allow for the
flexibility to use the various 'agent' qualifiers with each of the 'agent'
elements.

Rachel

Rachel Heery
UKOLN
University of Bath                              tel: +44 (0)1225 826724
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK                               fax: +44 (0)1225 826838
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/