Dear All,

as a book review editor for the journal European Spatial Research and
Policy (check out the website of this journal at
www.geo.uni.lodz.pl/esrp), I am always looking for books to have
reviewed in our journal and for people interested in writing a book
review. I enclose a short list of books we would like to have reviewed. If
you are interested in reviewing any of these, or know someone who
would, please email me. You should receive the book within 4 weeks time.
The deadline for the finished review is the end of May 2003 for
publication in October that year. Equally, should you have a book for
review in this journal, you can contact me via email.

Cheers,

Bettina van Hoven
(European Spatial Research and Policy)

list of books:
Jeffries, I. (2002) The former Jugoslavia at the turn of the twenty-first
century. A guide to economies in transition. London: Routledge.

Jeffries, I. (2002) Eastern Europe at the turn of the twenty-first century. A
guide to economies in transition. London: Routledge.

Hall, P. (2002) Urban and Regional Planning. London: Routledge.

Heurley, J., 2002, Dublin, (Paris, L'Harmattan, 101 pages) in  French

Kockel, U. (ed) (Dec 2002) Culture and Economy. Contemporary
perspectives. Aldershot: Ashgate.

Marcou, G. (ed) (2002) Regionalization for Development and Accession
to the European Union: A Comparative Perspective, Series: LGI Studies.
Published in Budapest by Local Government and Public Reform
Initiative. Download (pdf) from www.osi.hu/lgi/

Meinhof, U. (ed) (2002) Living (with) borders. Identity discourses on
East-West borders in Europe. Aldershot: Ashgate.

Mickiewicz, T & Bell, J. (2001) Unemployment in transition. Restructuring
labour markets in Central Europe. London: Routledge.

NOGUE, J., VICENTE, J. (2001) Geopolítica, identidad y globalización.
Editorial Ariel..

Phelps, A., Ashworth, G.J., Johansson, B.O.H. (eds. ) (2002) The
construction of built heritage. A North European perspective on policies,
practices and outcomes. Aldershot: Ashgate

Randall, L. (2001) Reluctant Capitalists. Russia’s journey through market
transition. London: Routledge.

Soós, G., Tóka, G. & Wright, G. (Eds) (2002) State of Local Democracy in
Central Europe. Series: LGI Books. Published in Budapest by Local
Government and Public Reform Initiative. Download (pdf) from
{ HYPERLINK http://www.osi.hu/lgi/ }www.osi.hu/lgi/
Dr. Bettina van Hoven
Faculty of Spatial Sciences
University of Groningen