From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 7:11 PM
Subject: Re: Acute LVF and Inotropes

> I hear some chaps in London have given up on all
> inotropes but Adren and then
> use GTN to off load in acute LVF or is thisjust hear
> say (note no apostrophe)
>
> Cheers
> Peter Cutting

Pete,
You're right.
At the Medical Emergencies course at UCL this year
Andrew Webb (physician intensivist at UCH) told us he
used Epi alone, although others using Dob then Epi. It
was the general feeling against any use of frusemide I
found most interesting, as our intensivists seem to
love buckets of the stuff.

(NB the course is excellent value if you get the chance
- £170 for the weekend, comes with free Ox Hdbk
Critical Care. Aimed more at SHOs and no input at all
from A&E guys somewhat bizarrely, but Ii learned loads)

Cheers!
Giles.