Well after reading what he says, I can not see much wrong with the proposal
in theory. The two specialties are moving closer together. If we proclaim
that we are able to provide emergency care then why not for 24 hours. It is
moving us to the Australasian system. Which has some benefits. But it would
be more rewarding to see them in the first 24 hours of their admission than
simply see and admit.
If you look at the new SHO proposals there is no mention of an A&E SHO
training program......only 4 months spent in A&E. In their pre-registration
2 years. Of course it needs to be properly resourced and not be 3 Acute
emergency physicians looking after a huge department and 30 acute beds,
with the laboratory staff, and radiology staff not providing 24 hour
investigations to quickly move people through the system.

Andy Webster
SPR in A&E
Does George want everybody to do MRCP to to increase exam revenue for his
college??