> MOI is out of date and needs to be reviewed. 30mph with a seat belt is an
> indication for trauma calls to the A&E!!. This was based on US vehicles
with>
> box frame chassis and no seat  belts. We now have crumple zones and
> seatbelts, head rests, side impact bars and have had for a few years now. A
> need to review is indicated.
>
> Mike Bjarkoy
Mike the number of people I see boarded is phenomenal purely on MOI.  Walking
at the scene and then transported on a board.  Anyone placed on a board for
more than 20 minutes is going to have neck and back pain.  Our last odontoid
fracture came off his mountain bike and carried it down a mountain in
Snowdownia.  The was a 30% overlap.  He came to the A & E dept 2 days later, X-
rayed and sent home.  I urgently recalled him and fortunately he came to no
harm.  Message is with all the EBM & guidelines they are difficult.
Best wishes
Danny McGeehan

This message was sent using Internet Central's Web Based Email.
http://www.internet-central.net/