It seems to me, Jason, that the methods you will use here are those from content analysis
(CA), I use them frequently, myself.

Though there is nothing at all preventing a qualitative researcher from using CA in an
inquiry framed in qualitative methods, I have found that CA is more of a quantitative
methodology and at that I agree w/Wendy's drift in her misfiled posting ( ;-} ).

There is a quite active CA group and a host of CA analytic tools you can begin to
investigate for this (control group, positive) study... ;-} rap.

REFs:

Content Analysis Resources:
http://www.gsu.edu/~wwwcom/index.htm
CONTENT went online in 1994 and currently has more than 1,500 members. CONTENT welcomes
discussion of the theoretical, methodological, and technological aspects of quantitative
text and image analysis. Appropriate topics for discussion include: software and hardware
for content analysis; research design in content analysis (e.g., sampling issues, coding
instruments and protocols); statistics for content analysis; teaching content analysis;
and the role of content analysis in an era of online information flows and interactive
media.

--
"Dein Wachstum sei feste und lache vor Lust!
Deines Herzens Trefflichkeit