Mel, Mel, Mel

Please THINK about what you are saying!

You will refuse to accept that Tr Ab is part of a complex motor activity
involving multiarticular movement unless I am able to connect someone's
Transversus Abdominus to a fine-wire EMG and then get them to perform moves
from Olympic Gymnnastics!

Mel, complex multiarticular movements don't necessitate performing
gymnastics. Reaching out to pick up a can of beans is a complex
multiarticular movement, as is kicking a football or, stabilising against an
external 'push'.

If you have read the research you will see that it is these normal, complex,
multiarticular movements that have been tested. The reason these normal
day-to-day moves have been tested is because these are the moves that are
associated with LBP onset.

Could you do me a favour - could you please forward the references of the
research you refer to when you say: "I have seen many of those studies and
each one has been carried out according to a certain protocol with specific
scope and limitations, as is the case with all scientific studies" - just so
we can be sure we are singing from the same hymn sheet.

John Spencer