Dear colleagues,

The message Bas just sent to the list reminds me to remind everyone that although English is the 'official' language of the list, you are perfectly free to post messages in the language of your choice.

I would remind those with English as mother tongue that many of our list's members have learned English as a second or third (or fourth or fifth) language, and may have occasional difficulty with some nuances or 'jokes'. Please, for the sake of these most valued members, try to keep your English relatively straightforward and, as far as possible, free of 'creative orthography'. (This also helps, of course, native anglophones!)

Best wishes,
George Ferzoco
list owner, medieval-religion

to: [log in to unmask]