(with apologies for cross-posting)

The "Latin Writing" strand of the International Medieval Congress (IMC) at the University of Leeds invites paper proposals for a session in 2003 on Latin texts (not necessarily literary) from medieval Italy, 500-1500 CE. Preference will be given to papers dealing with texts from or about the Kingdom(s) of Sicily. Also encouraged is at least nominal conformity with the IMC's 2003 theme, "Power and Authority."

The Leeds IMC's 2003 dates are 14-17 July. General information on the Congress may be found at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/imi/imc/imc.htm\

Abstracts of no more than 300 words should reach me (preferably as non-HTML e-mail attachments) no later than 15 September 2002.

Best,
John Dillon

John B. Dillon
278E Memorial Library