In 1959, Momigliano wrote: "We badly need systematic research on the
regional differences in the attitude of the Church towards the Roman state.
Generalizations are premature."
Presumably Frend's Martyrdom and Persecution wd qualify.  What other works
have specifically addressed this since, and -- more impt -- has anyone gone
to the level of "generalization" from these regional studies?
thanks.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]
richard landes