In the 1215 Statutes of the university of Paris, the works of
"Maurice of Spain" are prohibited.  His work is associated with David
de Dinant.

As far as I know, no one knows anything concrete about Maurice beyond
this condemnation of his works (and the repetitions that followed).
Does anyone on the list know otherwise?  When (and if) he taught in
Paris?

I believe that more work has been done on David, but does anyone know
where I could turn for an overview of his work?  Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated!

Many thanks,

Nicole
--
  Nicole Morgan Schulman   <[log in to unmask]>

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]