dear all

allow me introduce myself. I am the Beacon Council Co-ordinator for Suffolk
County Council. we have been awarded Beacon Council status for the work we
have done to promote libraries as a community resource. I am contacting you
today to invite you to our open day on 10th October 2002, at County Library
in Ipswich, where we can share our experiences.

a Beacon award is given in recognition of exemplary work performed by
councils, under given themes. it is achieved by maintaining high levels of
customer satisfaction, optimising internal and external partnerships and
showing commitment to the community.

Suffolk County Council has worked hard to form successful partnerships to
address the issues of overcoming rural barriers to accessing resources and
information and to develop a library service that promotes social inclusion.

our open day will provide the opportunity for others to see the results for
themselves and benefit from our experiences. the day will include
presentations from key speakers around the above themes, followed by a
guided tour with hands-on opportunities and a question and answer session.
lunch and coffee will also be provided.

we would love to see you there.

for further information, please contact me.

Leena Ghoshal
Beacon Council Co-ordinator
Suffolk County Council

tel: 01473 584013