Dear Colleagues,

We have now posted another paper to the PhD-design list as a prelude
to the forthcoming on-line conference Design Research -- Building the
Field.

This paper -- Will Design Research Go Beyond Non-Reflexive Modes of
Inquiry? -- was originally posted to the PhD-Design list in September
2001.

Bryan Byrne is a practicing anthropologist who often works in design
teams to create effective products and services.

Together with Susan E. Squires, Byrne has edited an important new
book titled Creating Breakthrough Ideas: The Collaboration of
Anthropologists and Designers in the Product Development Industry.
The Greenwood Publishing Group will soon release it.

We look forward to meeting many of you next week at Common Ground,
and we hope that many more will join us when the on-line conference
begins here on September 10.

The on-line conference will begin on September 10, on the PhD-Design list.

To read the paper -- or to subscribe -- please go to the list archive at

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/phd-design.html

Best regards,

David Durling -- Ken Friedman -- Lorraine Justice