Fred, I think this is what you are looking for.

Houghton L, Driscoll P. Cervical immobilisation - Are we achieving it? Prehospital and Immediate Care 1999; 3:17-21.

http://www.basics.freewire.co.uk/Templates/DLMar99/9838.pdf

And
Semirigid cervical collar and intracranial pressure...........

k. porter and k. allison
http://www.basics.freewire.co.uk/Templates/DLDec99/9928.pdf

Simon
Simon Carley
SpR in Emergency Medicine
Evidence based emergency medicine
http://www.bestbets.org
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>fred
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 12:06 PM
Subject: semi regid collars

Just looking for an old article saying that once a casualty is strapped down on a spine board. The collar severs no purpose other than a visual reminder, but it still increases the intracranial pressure. The article went on to question whether the collar should be removed at this stage.

Has anyone seen or has this article??

If so could you please forward any details on it.

many thanks in advance

Fred