On behalf of the Chairman of the Leeds Emergency Medicine Research Group, can I remind the List that a national conference is being held at the Leeds Medical School, University of Leeds on Tuesday the 17th September 2002.

The conference is entitled ‘Reforming Emergency Care – Delivery on the Challenges Set’. It will give delegates the chance to discover how health services are developing innovative strategies to meet the challenges of reforming emergency care. The conference will be addressed by a series of national and internationally renowned speakers including, Professor Sir George Alberti, President of the Royal College of Physicians, London and Mr John Heywood, President of the British Association of A&E Medicine.

The conference is open to a wide range of health related backgrounds; emergency medicine physicians, nurses and health service managers with an interest in accident and emergency. There will be a maximum of 250 delegates. The cost is £130 per person.

The conference is proving to be popular. We would urge you to book now while places are still available to avoid disappointment.

A copy of the programme and details of how to apply are attached for your information.