Where does A&E fit into the new SHO training reform. I can not see it as
one of the 8 general training programmes. I suppose one will get all the
experience required in the 4 month training period spent at foundation
level. Then with Nurse and paramedic run minor injuries. Specialties being
24 hour available to see emergencies. Who will need A&E specialties. We
could get a couple of the 20-30 orthopaedic consultants in the hospital to
come down occasionally to see that everything is working smoothly like the
good old days I suppose.

Andy Webster