Dear Timothy Ladd:  The discussion of "cognitive dissonance" is first
rate, but I'd like to question one observation that was designed to
separate medievals from today's humanity.  You remark that "
[medieval] repression was even dealt with communally." I study the
repression of Catharism and a bit of Waldensianism, and, although
there is clear evidence of some community participation, the
specific initiative came from outside the communities affected.
Yours, John Mundy

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]